Laser Orientation aims to give Make717 members a solid foundation in Laser operation. Only members in good standing who have passed this course are permitted to operate the Laser.
- Safety first. Become aware of the inherent hazards of using a laser.
- Understanding the Full Spectrum laser system.
- Introduction to RetinaEngrave 3D, the software controller for our laser.
- Setting up a job, software side. Will cover basic engraving and cutting.
- Setting up a job, hardware side. Will cover focus, fixturing and laser control panel.
- Emergency response.
- Running a job.
- Community issues, including the job log, schedule and policy enforcement.
- Permitted and Forbidden materials.
The class takes at least 2 hours. 1-1/2 hours are instruction. To pass, each participant must successfully complete a practicum demonstrating their ability to design and execute a laser focus ruler. The finished ruler is the credential needed to gain access the laser. The practicum should take 30 minutes. But because of the vagaries of hands-on training, participants may need to stay a little later than the schedule suggests, or take their practicum on another day.
Materials are provided. There are a limited number of textbooks which may be borrowed after training.
Copyright 2017 make717, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mailing Address: 1653 Lititz Pike #1213, Lancaster, PA 17601Makerspace Address: 1151 Clark Street, Lancaster, PA 17602(717) 537-1067 firstname.lastname@example.org